Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fifth and Sixth Radiation

I just finished my fifth week and began my sixth week on Tuesday because of the 4th of July weekend they were closed on Monday. I am doing great, I have some days I get really tired and others I am fine. I find if I keep busy I do not pay attention to how tired I am, but you do have to pace yourself, I tend to overdue a lot but that is me, stubborn. The redness you get is like a very very bad sunburn, the worse spot on me is my shoulder if you can believe that it is so red and hurts from my bra strap and seat belt. I am not being treated there anymore. After tomorrow they will just treat a smaller area, so I have till next Thursday or Friday, so I guess it will be almost 7 weeks after all. My skin could not have taken much more, some people get open soars and peeling and itching. I have been so blessed so far with no horrible side effects.

I have had some days I have felt nauseated even though the Doctor said I should not be, but it has not been everyday and only one time did I have to take something. I have heard some people do get nauseated, but it has not come back. It is different everyday it depends what I am doing and how much sleep I have gotten. I am almost done, I have a high tolerance for pain and I am a very patient person so that helps. This is not painful though only the redness in certain areas, but I can withstand knowing this is helping me I have to.

Time is passing quickly, even though it is a pain to go everyday except weekends, I do not make it something I dread to do. I go knowing this is going to cure me and I get to visit with some wonderful people everyday and meet others going through the same thing. Smiling and being happy makes life so much easier and I am greeted with smiles everyday so it makes me smile too!!! I have also been called "Sunshine" that really made me feel GREAT!

Have I done any good in the world today? I really try and I try to make others happy and stay positive too that makes me so very happy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice content shared. Very well written and posted. Thanks for sharing some vital content up.
Keep posting more like the same.
Cancer Treatment

Steve Reed said...

What's awesome is that you are probably through the worst of it now. You've been through a lot and you've had such a positive attitude, I think that's a great message to others who don't have the sharp outlook that you do! I love reading your experiences here on the blog, you do a great job including the details and showing your optimism. You rock Mom!

Post a Comment