Thursday, June 9, 2011

Procedure of RF Ablation

My procedure went very well the Doctor said, it was a little harder to get at than he thought, but all went well. He went a little bigger around the area to be safe. When I saw that instrument they were using I was like, I am glad I will be asleep when that goes in, but he informed me he needed me awake in the beginning to breathe, but that it would be numbed and that I would not feel a thing which I did not. I had a IV in my hand which I hate it always hurts, and they put something in it, my whole arm hurt so bad, they said it would go away very soon, thank heavens it did, something the anesthesiologist did maybe because I wasn't going all the way under yet. I do remember them trying to position me just right. But was all over, went to recovery I can remember laughing, I thought I dreamed this, no wonder my side was so sore too, but I was laughing and told them they all looked like cartoons. It was really sore when I just woke up but of course they give you pain killer and it was better.
Later that evening it was starting to really hurt again, the nurse gave me morphine, ugh I will not have that again made you feel awful. Sam had just brought me a subway sandwich which all came up, they finally brought me some medicine for the nausea. But really these are little minor things. The surgery was great, I would definitely go through it again!!!
Which I may be going through this again, they could not do my Lung at the same time, to dangerous. The next day he had me come down for scans of my Lung. On my back or stomach they couldn't get to it, so then they had me get on my right side left shoulder forward then he said that would be perfect he would be able to do it. So I am waiting for an answer from him they had to reorder CT Scans from another place that got misplaced and compare them to these. He said he is not sure it is Cancer but if it is and it got bigger they would not be able to do the procedure because of where it is at. So when he calls and if he tells me yes let's go ahead and do it, I hope to do it in the next 2 to 4 weeks. It is a wonderful procedure that they can do. I will have scans in another two to three months to see how the spots reacted for sure.
So Again I say Thank you so very much for all your wonderful words of inspiration and beautiful prayers that you know always carry me through and keep me safe!!!
When going through this Trial that I have, one may say "I now realize that I am going to die one day, Maybe not from Breast Cancer but from something. And so the question becomes, "HOW DO WE WANT TO LIVE?"

No comments:

Post a Comment