Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thoughts on Breast Cancer

Quote from Harry S. Truman:"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities, and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties."

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles--it empties today of its strength."
Author Unknown

I liked this just changed a few things.

"I am a person who is living with cancer, not dying from it. I refuse to let this experience take over my life. I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a grandmother, a niece, a aunt, a great aunt, a cousin, a friend. I may have breast cancer, but breast cancer doesn't have me! I may not be able to be in control of the cancer, but I am in control of how I live my life, and I choose to make the most of each and every day God has given me. I'll take the time to experience the good things that life offers."

Everyone has trials in their lives. We can act one of two ways: We can feel sorry for ourselves, be angry, blame God for these trials, and spend all our energy asking why? Or we can take total control of our life and react in a positive way and accept that obstacles are a part of life and we can be happy and learn from this experience and share it and help others along the way so that they will be strong and not so afraid.

I am so thankful for all my blessings and for my trials that strengthen me!!!

3 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

YOU GO GIRL!!

Allison said...

AWW Mom, I love you that was very well put. You are so great!

Unknown said...

Debbie,
I think you are very brave, and I went through colon cancer 14 years ago. I was really harmed by the conventional therapy and I had to make changes to survive.
Please go to my blog and watch the video on MMS in the post "HIV Does not cause AIDS" and other posts that may help you.
http://www.my-healthy.info/4u

Be Strong
Mel Smith

Post a Comment